The IIA Qatar Chapter was formed in June 2003 by a small group of internal auditors and was formally inaugurated in 2005. IIA Chapter 321 currently has 700 audit practitioners representing a cross-section of private businesses, banking, and the public sector from more than 23 nationalities.
The IIA offers opportunities for internal audit practitioners to share the latest techniques and approaches to internal auditing, update their knowledge, and become certified as internal auditors. This also enables them to enjoy the benefits of being in the growth profession of the 21st century. In addition, the Institute is a source of information for executive management and board members of organizations of the Qatari economy, giving them the opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency within their internal audit departments.
Since its inception, the Institute has organized a series of relevant professional meetings which have provided members and guests with the opportunity to exchange ideas and the latest "know-how", drawing from top internal auditors in the Gulf region and around the globe.
A Memorandum of Association with the Scientific Accounting Association Qatar University was signed on 30th June 2008.
To be recognized as the leading professional internal audit body in the State of Qatar.
To provide Qatari executive management, boards of directors, audit committees, and internal auditors with current and leading edge information on issues such as ethics, internal control, corporate governance, and the changing role of internal auditing. Furthermore, to provide guidance and training relative to their roles in, and responsibilities for, the internal audit activity as a whole.
- To assist in recognizing the internal audit profession as an international profession.
- To promulgate the profession's stand for ethical and governance best practices as well as sound internal controls.
- To promote and achieve compliance with the Institute's professional standards and qualifications .
- To assist in recognizing the Institute as the preferred provider of research, development, training, and dissemination of knowledge within enterprise risk services, incorporating areas such as internal audit, corporate governance, risk management, and compliance.
- To provide quality service to members and to be seen by them operating as an integrated global body.